Carnarvon Night Safari
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Carnarvon Gorge, QLD
- Product code: NST
EXCLUSIVE TO AUSTRALIAN NATURE GUIDES.
Join a local wildlife expert to encounter wildlife you might not otherwise see, including marsupial gliders, echidna, platypus, owls, bats, and frogs.
Using sight, sounds and smells, we'll hunt through the forest along easy, mostly flat trails to see what animal surprises the evening delivers.
It's a great way to see a side of Carnarvon Gorge that most visitors won't experience.
Please note: It is important to understand that group noise influences the amount of wildlife we see, as we rely heavily on our hearing to track nocturnal animals. We reserve the right to exclude any participant/s who are unable to remain quiet when directed by their guide. Parents should be particularly mindful of this when booking young children onto this tour.
Available: April - October.
Duration: 1.5 hours.
Distance: Approximately 1 kilometre, over fairly easy terrain. May involve one creek crossing via stepping stones.
Group size: Min 2 - Max 8 (Private bookings for larger groups travelling together, or those who would prefer an exclusive experience, are possible. Please make direct contact with Simon and Michelle for more information).
Includes: Unfortunately, due to COVID Safe restrictions, we are no longer able to provide use of our communal binoculars and torches. If you own a pair of binoculars, we highly recommend bringing them along.
BYO: Please bring a small torch, closed shoes, weather appropriate clothing, and a pair of binoculars if you have them. Hiking poles will also be handy if you are concerned about your balance on the creek crossing.
Bookings: If you're wanting to book multiple tours online (e.g. a Carnarvon Night Safari AND a Lower Gorge Explorer Tour) be sure to add each product to your cart before completing the form and checking out. Once you have added your first tour to your cart, simply click the "Make another booking" button, which will appear at the top of the next page above the form.
COVID SAFE MEASURES:
- All public Night Safari Tours throughout the 2021 season will be operating with a reduced maximum group size of 8. This ensures all guests can still hear their guide whilst maintaining effective social distancing. Private bookings for larger groups travelling together, or those who would prefer an exclusive experience, are possible. Please make direct contact with Simon & Michelle for more information.
- Our tour movements within Carnarvon Gorge will abide by any restrictions imposed by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, including social distancing at major sites where visitor numbers at any one time are limited.
COVID SAFE POLICY:
- You MUST be willing to abide by any social distancing instructions as directed by your tour guide and/or National Park Staff.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you are experiencing ANY flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19 which includes cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you have recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases.
- Should you be forced to cancel your tour booking due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we will offer a 100% refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to customers who fail to comply with our COVID Safe Policy.